PHDC engages contractors to make improvements at recreation centers, libraries, parks and other public facilities. PHDC has one Construction RFP.
RFP for Miles Mack Playground Renovations
On behalf of the City of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority (PRA) is pleased to issue this RFP for qualified prime contractors for the Miles Mack Playground Renovations project located at 736 N. 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. This project is part of the City’s Rebuilding Community Infrastructure Program (Rebuild).
Relationship of PRA to PHDC
In July 2019, PRA and the Philadelphia Land Bank merged with the Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (“PHDC”)—combining staffs and making PHDC the public-facing brand. Although the PRA still exists and operates to achieve its statutory purpose, its work is carried out by the staff of PHDC. Although the PRA is the City’s agent for this RFP, the RFP is being posted on PHDC’s website.
Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting
All Applicants must attend the mandatory pre-bid meeting onsite at Miles Mack Playground, 736 N. 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 at 10:00 A.M. on February 20, 2020. The names and contact information for all attendees at the pre-bid meetings are posted here.
Questions/Requests for Additional Information
PRA will accept questions and requests for additional information directed in writing to RFP@phdc.phila.gov up to 3:00 PM on March 3, 2020. Questions, responses, and additional information will be posted on the this website within three business days of this date.
Deadline: The Proposal Submission date has been extended to no later than March 16, 2020 by 3:00 PM.
Applicants must submit a response/proposal no later than March 16, 2020 at 3:00 PM; absolutely no Response will be accepted after that time.
Responses will only be accepted in either of the following:
2. Hard Copy Submission – Submit 3 original copies of the Response and one electronic copy on a USB Flash Drive to the PRA via hand delivery or registered mail. Files on the USB Flash Drive may only be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF. Applicants may hand deliver or send their Response via registered mail to:
Director, Design & Construction
Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority
1234 Market Street, 16th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Please download all of the following documents:
- RFP Miles Mack Playground Renovation Revised (2 19 2020)
- Attachment A – Division 0
- Attachment B – Division 1
- Attachment C – Divisions 2-32
- Attachment D – Tax Status – Conflict of Interest Form
- Attachment E – Campaign Contribution Disclosure Forms
- Attachment F – PRA Insurance Requirements
- Attachment G – Rebuild Project Statement
- Attachment H – City of Philadelphia Questionnaire and Financial Statement
- Attachment Ia – Rebuild EOP Commitment Form
- Attachment Ib – Contract Participation Worksheet (Excel)
- Attachment Ic – Workforce Diversity Plan
- Attachment Id – Rebuild Workforce Demographic Template (10-16-19)
- Attachment J1 – Contractor Qualifications- Project Examples
- Attachment K – Rebuild Project Management Submittal Log Template (Excel)
- Attachment L – Site Plans-CD Plans
- Attachment M – Summary of Test Pit Exploration
Addendum No. 1 expands the scope of the Miles Mack Playground project to include the renovation of the Mile Mack Recreation Center Building.
- Addendum No 1 Cover Sheet
- 000110 Table of Contents Updated, Addendum No 1
- 000115 List of Drawings Updated
- 002113 Instructions to Sellers Updated
- 004109 Pricing Updated
- 004112 Performance Work Updated
- 011100 Summary of the Work Updated
- 012200 Unit Prices Updated
- Miles Mack Building Drawings Added
- Miles Mack Building Specifications Added
Addendum No. 2 includes answers to Questions/RFIs submitted; revisions to “Division 004109 Pricing” of the RFP; and adds and updates Drawings and Specifications for the project.
- Addendum No 2 Cover Sheet
- 004109 Pricing R1 (Revised)
- 096723 – Resinous Flooring Spec (Building-JMT)
- D-1.0 (Playground-Langan)
- D-1.1 (Playground-Langan)
- L-1.0 (Playground-Langan)
- L-5.0 (Playground-Langan)
- Questions-RFIs (Miles Mack RFP)
- Drawings (Building-JMT)
Addendum No. 3 information shall become an integral part of the contract documents. This information shall modify, adjust, clarify, and/or add requirements to the contract documents.
- Addendum No 3 Cover Sheet
- G0 0 Cover Sheet
- A1 1 Demolition RCP
- A3 0 Reflected Ceiling Plans
- A4 0 Exterior Elevations
- E101 Floor Plan-Electrical Demolition
- E201 Floor Plan-Lighting
Please note – the Proposal Submission Date is still March 16, 2020 by 3:00 PM.
To get an idea of the work PHDC contracts require view our closed RFPs.