Note: Revised RFP posted May 12 2023
Q&A posted May 12 2023-see below
An additional site revisit o the Hamil Mill site (5423-27 Lena Street and 5429-43 Lena Street) scheduled for 5/25 at 10AM.
A ten (10) day extension of the submission deadline to June 15, 2023 by 4pm
The Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (PHDC), on behalf of the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority (PRA) is soliciting proposals from developers to acquire and finance the development and preservation of a scattered site affordable rental project in accordance with this Request for Proposals (RFP). The Project Site is located in Philadelphia’s Germantown and Mount Airy neighborhoods. Each of the specified parcels in the Project Site are composed of vacant structures and land owned by PRA.
In partnership with the Division of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), PHDC will provide gap financing for this rental production and preservation project as applicants seek Four Percent (4%) and Nine Percent (9%) Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) from the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA). Gap Financing for applications not seeking Four or Nine Percent LIHTCs are also eligible under this RFP. DHCD will use funding from Philadelphia Housing Trust Fund (HTF), Neighborhood Preservation Initiative (NPI), federal HOME, federal HOME-ARP, and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds in its sole discretion.
Applicants are expected to submit competitive offers for the entire Project Site where all residential units will be leased to income-qualified households as affordable rental housing.
Please download all of the following documents:
- Revised RFP Germantown Mount Airy Affordable Rentals May 12 2023
- EXHIBIT A – HOUSING TRUST FUND REQUIREMENTS
- EXHIBIT B – LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS
- EXHIBIT C – SITES PLAN
- EXHIBIT D – PHYSICAL CONDITIONS NEEDS ASSESSMENT SUMMARY (PCNA)
- EXHIBIT E – PCNA SUMMARIES
- EXHIBIT F – PHDC LAND MANAGEMENT 2022 INCOME LEVELS
- EXHIBIT G – LAND-DEVELOPMENT-PURCHASE-APPLICATION
- EXHIBIT H – SOURCES AND USES OF FUNDS WORKSHEET
- EXHIBIT I – PHDC FINANCIAL WORKSHEET (NON LIHTC)
- EXHIBIT J – DEVELOPMENT PROFORMA TAX CREDIT SUMMARY (LIHTC)
- EXHIBIT K – LAND DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION COMPLETENESS REVIEW CHECKLIST
- EXHIBIT L – SCORING RUBRIC
Pre-submission Site Visits
Pre-Submission site visits (non-mandatory) will be held at the Project Site on April 26,, 2023, April 27, 2023, and April 28, 2023 to answer any questions regarding this RFP. Interested parties are urged to attend these site visits as they will be the only times entry will be permitted for interested parties. These four (4) site visits are each scheduled for the following days, times, and locations:
- April 26, 2023 at 9:30AM: 6657-59 Blakemore Street
- April 26, 2023 at 11:00AM: 6526 Germantown Avenue
- April 27, 2023 at 10:00AM: 5423-27 Lena Street and 5429-43 Lena Street
- April 28, 2023 at 9:30AM: 4949 Germantown Avenue and 4951 Germantown Avenue
- Additional site revisit to the Hamil Mill site (5423-27 and 5429-43 Lena Street) scheduled for 5/25 at 10AM
No individual requests for entry outside of these days will be permitted. Interested parties are urged to attend these visits. If you are interested in attending this visit, contact Mathen Pullukattu at firstname.lastname@example.org
All questions regarding this RFP must be submitted in writing by email to: RFP@phdc.phila.gov with the subject line “Questions – Germantown Mount Airy Affordable Rentals RFP.” Questions will not be accepted by telephone. Questions will only be accepted until May 1, 2023. at 4:00 PM.
Proposal Submission Process and Deadline
All Applications, along with a good faith deposit in the amount of $1,500 or 10% of the offer price, whichever is greater, must be received on or before 4:00 PM on June 15, 2023. Applications may be submitted either:
- Online by clicking the Online Submission button below;
(File Upload Instructions
Files are restricted to a maximum of 8 MB. If you have documents larger than 8 MB, then separate them into smaller documents to successfully upload them to the system. Allow time for the file to upload.)
- by U.S. mail return receipt by a nationally recognized delivery service (e.g., FedEx)
- by hand addressed to:
Director, Real Estate
Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation
1234 Market Street, 16th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107