Turn The Key will help up to 1,000 Philadelphia families buy new affordable homes and build equity for their futures.
What to know:
- Most homes will have 3 bedrooms.
- Houses will sell for up to $280,000.
- Income qualified buyers may be eligible for mortgage “buy-down” assistance funds.
Our development partners are building energy efficient homes on publicly owned land across Philadelphia. To see where homes are being built currently click on one of the neighborhoods listed below.
Who is eligible?
- You must be a first-time buyer – a person who has never owned a home or who has not owned a home for three years prior to applying to Turn The Key.
- Preference will be given to income qualified municipal employees, and then to other income eligible households.
- You must complete PHDC-approved one-on-one homeownership counseling before signing an Agreement of Sale.
- Your household income can be no higher than 100% of Area Median Income (AMI) – the amount that matches up with the size of your household. AMI is calculated by the federal government for use by housing assistance programs.
Turn The Key Neighborhoods
Please click on a neighborhood below to learn more information on the development of homes being built in these communities.
Download the Turn The Key flyer 12 29 22
Download How Turn The Key works: Turn the Key Flow Chart
Download Turn the Key FAQs
Income Guidelines (100% AMI)
|Family Size||Maximum Annual
|More than 8 add approx. per person||$7,550|
Fill out this Interest Form. You will see a confirmation that your form was received after you submit. This form does NOT guarantee housing or add you to a waiting list. You will be notified when construction begins on houses in selected neighborhoods.
We are building houses on publicly-owned land across the city. The map below shows the neighborhoods where development is occurring or beginning in the next 3-6 months.