Thank you for visiting the PHDC website. Please note that PHDC offices are closed as part of Philadelphia’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. While PHDC is accepting applications to buy land and responses to competitive sales and Requests for Proposals, the review of those documents may take longer than usual. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we respond to the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis.
If you live next to a vacant lot owned by a public agency you may be able to buy it for a side or rear yard.
The buyer must:
- Own and live in the property next to the vacant lot
- Be named as the owner on the deed to his/her residence to be eligible. Check listing at https://property.phila.gov/
- Pay closing costs to buy the lot
- Maintain the lot after the purchase
The public property must:
- Be vacant without any structure on it
- Touch the buyer’s property on the side or the back
Find out if the vacant lot next to your house is publicly owned and if you’re eligible to buy it!