Starting July 6 many City offices will reopen to the public. Others will continue to operate in a more hybrid style. PHDC will continue to provide services by remote features, internet or phone. Where necessary, in person meetings by appointment are available.
If you live next to a vacant lot owned by a public agency you may be able to buy it for a side or rear yard.
The buyer must:
- Own and live in the property next to the vacant lot
- Be named as the owner on the deed to his/her residence to be eligible. Check listing at https://property.phila.gov/
- Pay closing costs to buy the lot
- Maintain the lot after the purchase
The public property must:
- Be vacant without any structure on it
- Touch the buyer’s property on the side or the back
Find out if the vacant lot next to your house is publicly owned and if you’re eligible to buy it!