The application to use property for a community garden, open space or recreational area will ask for information about you and, if applicable, your organization. It will also help us make sure you are up to date on your taxes, have no conflicts of interest, and comply with the City’s campaign contribution guidelines.
The application also asks you to submit:
- An economic opportunity and inclusion plan
- Detailed plans
- Documentation that you have successfully completed such developments in the past
- Proof that you have the funds needed to complete the development
- Organizational documents
First download the following two files:
- Community Gardens Open Space and Recreational Areas Purchase Application
- Community Gardens Open Space and Recreational Areas Financial Worksheet
Complete all the information. The Application file has instructions, a checklist of documents you need to provide and you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the Terms and Conditions. You should review them again before signing the application. Then Submit all your files either by:
Click the Online Submission button below. Fill in the information requested, upload your completed application file, along with all required documents.
Print out the completed application file, along with all required documents and mail to (“return receipt requested” strongly recommended):
Attn: Community Gardens, Open Space and Recreational Areas Purchase Application
1234 Market St., 16th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107