The Turn the Key program will help up to 1,000 Philadelphia families buy new affordable homes.
- Most of the newly constructed homes will be 3 bedrooms not to exceed a sales price of $280K
- Neighborhood Preservation Initiative (NPI) funds will be used to create more affordability based on income qualifications
- 20-year forgivable note placed on property
- Resale is restricted to other qualified income homebuyers
- Units will be developed on publicly-owned land and be affordable to households with incomes at 100% Area Median Income (AMI) or less
Who is eligible?
- You must be a first-time buyer. A person who has never owned a home or a person who has not owned a home for three years prior to applying to the program*
- Preference will be given to income qualified municipal employees, and then to income eligible households.
- You must complete one-on-one homeownership counseling through a City-funded housing counseling agency before signing an Agreement of Sale.
- Income eligibility at 100% AMI (see chart).
*As per HUD guidelines
Fill out this Interest Form. You will see a confirmation that your form was received after you submit. This form does NOT guarantee housing or act as a waiting list. Respondents will be notified when houses on selected blocks are available. For questions, email email@example.com.
|Family Size||Maximum Annual
|More than 8 add approx. per person||$7,550|
Download the Turn the Key flyer